Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, January 11, 2007

Emigration to Australia

Sometimes, I think about my future, and where I want it to go, how I want to shape it, and I feel some sense of fear, of trepidation rise in me. I mean, yeah, it's cool how we can shape our own life. But it's also scary, with all the uncertainties, the amount of hard work one has to put in, and all the other miscellaneous stuff.

Took another minorly-major step in my life today, by signing up for the seminar on emigration to Australia.

My family's been talking about getting an Australian PR since I was 12. We got our whole family Temporary Residence (TR) for about four years, but my dad was unwilling to leave the family in Singapore and stay in Australia alone for about 18 months to start up a business and get the PR. So, the whole thing kind of fell through that time.

Me, I've decided on getting out of Singapore since almost-forever (since that failed plan of my dad, actually). But without the necessary qualifications and people and such, that plan was still a plan.

Until now.

I already have my Diploma, will be getting my Degree in two years. I've got an aunt who just got PR status in Sydney. And I'm building up my skills outside of my field of study to complement getting the PR.

But still, those are merely the details to that final step of going to a consulting agency to find out more, or to process my application.

And which, I hope to do so next Wednesday, by attending their seminar and talk.

I'm suddenly struck by how fast my life is going, how much I have to rush to get certain plans in motion. I'm struck by how much I know, and how much more I don't know. I'm struck by a fear of a new life, and yet I look forward to finally living it.

Conundrums and ironies.

At least Az is interested in going, also? Heh.


Casey blogged at 9:56 AM