Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Australian Migration Seminar

I am most affronted by the behavior of Singaporeans during this seminar. In 90 minutes, they've proven to be inconsiderate, bitchy, unable to understand instructions, inability to respect the seminar and the speaker, and various other things I'm too pissed to remember at this moment.

Yes, I've long known that Singaporeans are like that. But to see it - again - was just...it pissed me off. And it pissed Azri off. And we were the two youngest in the whole room. The rest ranged from at least late twenties onwards.

It's a public seminar, for goodness's sake, not a private one-on-one consultation. So I really don't understand why (am being very, VERY sarcastic here) Singaporean ADULTS cannot understand common courtesy and not attempt to bring the speaker's whole attention to their plight, and THEIR plight only.

By God. Okay, fine, there were various questions which requested explanation and expansion on the general gist of Visa subcategories, and those pertained to the whole topic and the whole seminar, so fine. Then, the fucking people started almost-"attacking" the speaker simply because they couldn't get a definite answer on their own situation and their own chances of getting whatever PRs or Visas they had in mind.

The speaker felt to me like he was trying to defend himself, and rightly so. He was verbally pressed on all sides without due causes, and it shames me that Singaporeans can be so kiasu (literally translated as: afraid to lose out on) on so many things as to show so much disrespect to others.

Fuck them. I'm still pissed.

---

Learnt some stuff. The process of getting an Australian PR/Visa is a much more complex stuff then I thought.

I think that either I really have to get my skills experience up-to-date within these few years, or I should research and set my sights on another target entirely, one which is within my reach and which still offers the same possibilities for me to live the life I want.


Casey blogged at 10:08 PM