Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Zoo trip

Az and I took our long-ago planned trip to the zoo yesterday. On Christmas day. Bad choice. There were quite a lot of people. But thankfully, not that many so that we'd have to push through tons of bodies to look at the animals.

Pictures will come below, but I want to mention something quite memorable.

We'd taken the tram ride for one full round, to check out and recon. on what sections of the zoo we wanted to focus on. After the ride, we walked to the sections like the Reptile Garden, the Australian Outback, Cat, and Children's World. The last section allows people to come into contact with animals like minature horse breeds (the fellabella), donkeys/mules/hinnys, and stuff.

I'd gone to gaze at one of the Standard Work Horse. It was quite large. And after that, I hung out at the fellabella section to look at them. Their keeper was there, this guy from the UK, who's named Frederick. I'd asked him if the horses were fellas or shetlands, and how about that large horse over in the other paddock? So, he answered my questions, told me the standard work horse was between 18 to 20 hands, and we fell silent for a bit.

He suddenly asked me again if I owned a horse. I said I didn't, but I rode.

So, we got to chatting for quite a bit. Az and I took turns asking questions about riding, about Frederick himself, his experience with horses/riding, and the potential of using riding as a skill to gain a PR in other countries. It was a nice chat, and we were both very impressed by his loyalty to the zoo.

Maybe I'll own a horse one day. Well, if not a horse, then at least a large pony like Anna is.

---

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kid.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pelican.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Otter group.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mouse deer group.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lone mouse deer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maned wolf. Picture is blurry 'cause it wouldn't stay still. It kept prowling around its den.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two llamas.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Llama.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kangaroo and emu.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kanga -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
- roo! -_-

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Freshwater croc or something, I think.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wild boar?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
White tigers lazing on a rock.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Note: the white tigers pictures and some others will be a bit blurry or pixelated, due to optical zooming or the animal wouldn't stand still).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pygmy hippo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sleeping polar bear.


Casey blogged at 9:44 AM