Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Letter paper designs"

I've taken to designing my own papers to write letters on. And, I have to say that all those which I've designed and made are actually quite nice/not bad at all. And even my family members have said so, also.

I use natural materials such as sand, plants (flowers, leaves etc.), feathers, shells, stones. Only the cardboard backing and papers are bought/taken from elsewhere.

So would love to have your opinions on them. Pictures below.

Am wondering if I could make some small earnings from designing and selling them as custom pieces also...

---

1.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I made this for Az for our first anniversary together. Words are formed from fine sand taken from the beach. A lalang plant and a flowering weed and a shell as pasted on its right. Spraypainted over with silver.


2.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A letter I wrote to Az. I burnt the edges of a white piece of paper, and also lightly charred its surface to achieve a slightly burnt look. Pasted it on a piece of cardboard. Glued sand all around the edges of the paper, and also added in shells and plants. Spraypainted with silver again.


3.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A design I made last night. I pasted a dark grey paper on the cardboard, then cut a smaller and lighter grey one, pasting it over the dark grey. Then I used rope-twine to paste at the edge of the light grey paper. The border is decorated with feathers. No spraypaint.


4.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Also another I made last night. Used a piece of black glossed? paper to stick on the cardboard. Pasted a lalang and flowering weed at the lower left, and attached cotton (picked it up from a cotton tree) to their stems. Scattered some feathers around and pasted one at the far right to make it look as if the wind was blowing.

---

So...comments? =) How do you like them?

A rating also, maybe, of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best.

Thank you!


Casey blogged at 11:11 PM