Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Saturday, December 02, 2006

I've never liked my own culture, even though I'm a Chinese by birth. I've never identified myself with my birth culture. I've never liked it. I especially hate the noise by getai and getai singers during the Seventh Month.

That doesn't mean that I like or have to tolerate the inconsiderate acts of other cultures.

I've shouted vulgarities down at an Indian wedding taking place before. Granted I was in a stupor of sleep-dazed then, and their noises at the void deck of the block beside of mine had made me extremely cranky. I'd yelled for them to "shut the fuck up down there!" Yes, it was a wedding. No, I couldn't care less.

Today, it's a Malay wedding.

They had singing and loud music which had started from before 1pm, and had continued all the way till 7pm, rested for 30 minutes, and started up again.

As I write this, my patience wears thin. It's getting worse than frayed. I don't fucking give a damn whether it's a happy thing like a wedding or whatever. You-don't-become-a-public-nuisance. I don't fucking care if your RELIGION has the custom of letting everyone know that the married couple is legitimate.

Read my words: I. Don't. Fucking. Give. A. Damn.

I don't care if this offends Malays. I don't give a shit if this offends my Malay friends.

If my dad hadn't stopped me, I would've gone down there and made their celebrations so much of a Hell that that would be a real wedding they will never, ever forget.

Fuck this.


Casey blogged at 7:37 PM