Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Saturday, December 23, 2006

I can't wait for next April (or May) to come. Have a trip planned out with Ahhhzzzzz to either Kota Kinabalu, Fraser's Hill, or Medan. If worst comes to worst, we'll just go back to Cameron Highlands and go hiking and climbing again (with better boots, of course >.<).

I have to admit that things screwed up quite badly on the first day of our trip to Cameron Highlands back in June this year. I won't say things, but what happened made me so pissed I almost wanted to either cancel the trip totally or go on my own. But I guess it was a mistake anyone could've made (even if it was one I'd never have made), and I knew it. So through the anger, I forced myself to accept, and to try to make the best of things, especially since we'd gone to all the trouble for secrecy and planning so both our folks wouldn't find out we're going together. And we pulled it off after great trouble.

Even after six months, thinking back on that incident, that waste of one whole day, I'm still angry now, though slightly less so. I keep wanting to demand repayment of sorts (well, my feelings do, anyways), for me being short-changed, for me having to waste time and money like that, and for me having to endure shit like that, but I guess what's done is done. I accepted it then, and I'll have to accept it now.

At least I learnt valuable things from the mistake, such as bus-hopping from Singapore all the way to CH, haggling prices for the cab rides, how to be careful in the KL interchange, and how to endure, endure and endure. And oh, of course, being lulled almost to sleep during a cab-ride in which the OLD driver was driving literally like the cars in Initial D because we felt so safe going up the mountains at that speed in an old rickety-rick-rack cab...was priceless. It-was-whoa.

That trip changed the way I looked at certain things. And while I'm sure I wouldn't be ready to conquer Mount Everest anytime soon, we learnt how each other work, how each other functions, compensating for each other's lack of abilities in some areas, working together to make sure we were both safe, both enjoying the trip, and both forging a stronger bond because we'd fought almost nail and tooth for the trip.

Plans, plans, plans. To climb a mountain or to explore a volcanic crater (though I've been to Medan before)?

And Az, I still demand compensation for the CH trip! I want Subway sandwich. =D Hee.


Casey blogged at 10:00 AM