Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Friday, December 22, 2006

20th riding lesson (offset)

Annie offset my one extra lesson today, so I'm still left with one next week. Yay. =D

Was supposed to get Jasmine today. But since I'm the eldest (and thus the biggest sized) in my class (the rest are all in primary school), and Rachel was extremely hesitant in getting Chico, so Irwin not-so-subtly cajouled me to change horses. Since my goal now is to improve and improve, I didn't mind so much that I rode Chico again.

So anyways.

Irwin took our class today since Helen had to go settle some stuff. And I heard that Helen might be moving to KL, which means she won't be teaching us anymore. Okay. Irwin's an extremely competent instructor, and even though he is quite sarcastic, and quite stern and strict, he's so good that I actually like him as an instructor a lot more.

Speaking of him, I spoke to him today about going on to the intermediate. His reply was this, "I don't care what colored shirt you wear (red for basic and maroon for intermediate). As long as you can ride."

Which, I agree. But I want to be stricter with myself, so he told me to make an appointment through the office for an assessment. Maybe next week. Hm...

Anyways.

I decided to focus on correcting my posture today. So, I relaxed my grip in the reins a lot, while still keeping contact with the bit, and made sure I consciously always keep my toes pointing forward, instead of pointing outwards. That made it easier to grip with the knees and to have my knees remain in contact with Chico's body.

I actually took the lead in going around the arena, but even with my corrected posture, Chico still refused to move forward. So Irwin decided to put Charlie in front, and Chico second, with Jasmine last, since she kicks out a lot. And because Chico and Charlie are very good friends, it seemed as if she was finally more willing to move.

That's why I'm not sure if it's because of Charlie, or because of my conscious correction of posture (and thus, techniques) that I thought I handled today's lesson well, even better than my previous lesson had been.

I'd originally slid my boot too far forward in the stirrup. I've always had that problem. But after Irwin corrected that again, I decided to really focus on my posture, and I actually managed to keep my feet on the stirrups at the positions where it really mattered: the balls of the feet.

Good lesson. Good (albeit sharp-tongued) trainer.

I'm contented, at least for today. =)


Casey blogged at 1:44 PM