Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Friday, December 08, 2006

19th riding lesson.

Was good. Was really good: one of the best I've had since I'd started back in June.

Was hoping I'll get one of the smaller horses today, but got Jasmine instead. I was a bit apprehensive, but what Annie said is right: if I keep riding the easy horses, it's the horses that are doing the job, not me. I wouldn't become a good - or even competent - rider that way. It's through working and working on my form on the harder-to-manage horses that I can become better, and go on to the intermediate.

So, I approached Jasmine with a more open mind and less apprehension than before I started the lesson.

I did well, even in my view (and you all know what a critical person I can be of myself).

Jasmine needed a bit of urging to move, but her walk was nice, and I did the sitting trot okay. For some reason, I felt focused today, and managed to remember to really keep my heels down on the stirrups as I did the sitting trot. Her gait for the rising trot was beautiful also. I just have to remember to keep my hands down.

Cantering was beautiful. I managed to do about two rounds of canter around the arena. My leaning back was good, and I managed to keep my hands down and in motion with Jasmine's head most of the time. But I have to correct my feet: step on the balls of my feet instead of almost allowing my boots to slide to my heel. Also have to point my toes straighter and keep my knees more in contact with Jasmine's body.

But other than that, was good. =)

Helped with the pony handling after class, and Annie secretly gave me one free lesson.

W00t!


Casey blogged at 12:23 PM