Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Saturday, November 25, 2006

I was sick, so decided not to work today. It's been quite a long time since I've had a Saturday free, and I didn't know what to do with myself as soon as I woke up.

Was running through possible things to do, and when I thought of Punggol Beach, the nearest beach to my place, I got this sudden compulsion to go there, and to drum. I'm not sure why. I was warring within myself whether to succumb to laziness and stay at home, or to go. But in the end, the feeling of being drawn there by something/someone/whatever proved stronger. And I went.

On the bus ride down the long road to the beach, I felt the compulsion still itself a little, becoming a throb, as if whoever had summoned me knew I was on my way.

Made my way to my usual spot under the trees. Lit a jasmine-scented incense stick, and lit my white sage smudge stick. Smuged everything, and drummed with my fingers.

The following were imageries/visions I saw, in no particular order:
1. My dragon-face staring straight on at me, looming tremendously; then followed by that image fading to one where a bald eagle's head appeared on the left of my vision, and then a golden eagle's head appearing on the right; then, my wolf's face, but this time, it wasn't fully grey: the left half was pure white, like an arctic wolf, while the right was my "usual" face;

2. The Egyptian guy with the helm of an eagle/falcon appeared at my right, slightly behind me. I turned to face him as an acknowledgment, and faced the sea again, continuing to drum. He laid the flat of his sword on my head;

3. The drum beats suddenly because a music of sorts. I know that drumming is a type of music, but this one...the beats turned to some sort of internal and ethereal melody that I recognized deep within me. The Egyptian guy began to dance a graceful but very wild and primal dance that spoke of the wind being uncontrolled, and I danced with him, spreading my own wings and riding the wind;

4. Turning to face the sea, I was compelled to open my eyes to look both physically and spiritually. My eyes were drawn to two horizons: that of the water and the sky; and that of the water and the shore. The first held me with a stronger force, and I felt this internal conviction coming from...somewhere? that I'm one of those people who walk on the horizon, treading the balances between worlds, never being able to fully step into either; but my aptitude itself is also a needed skill;

5. The water and sky occupied a larger part of my "vision," hinting that my natural inclinations are towards open spaces and the wind and the sky, and that I should focus towards those talents and even to worship? those who have mastered the winds and to learn from them.

When I cleared up my stuff, a butterfly/grasshopper/insect landed very quickly on my face, just below my right eye, its wings giving me quick gentle caresses before it fluttered off.

As I walked back to the bus stop, two guys caught my attention and pointed at their own left shoulder, indicating that I should look to my own. I twisted my head and saw another butterfly/grasshopper/insect on my shoulder, apparently having hitched a ride on me. I was a bit startled and jumped a bit, and it flew off. Aw...didn't even get the chance to say hello to it.


Casey blogged at 2:45 PM