Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Monday, September 25, 2006

I've been helping the stables with their pony handling for the pony rides on an ad-hoc basis.

So, yesterday and today were spent at the stables, walking a total of about nine hours for both days, struggling with unwilling ponies who only want to eat grass and not move.

1. The big toe and second toe of my right foot are swollen because I got stepped on by Chico yesterday, and by Anna today (whoopee).

2. I got $40 for two days' work. Whoopee!

3. I talked with the lady boss this eve, and was casually mentioning about me taking professional pictures and all those, and one topic lead to another, and I have a high chance of being employed by the stables to create their online and hardcopy newsletters.

I asked my journalistic friend about the local market rate. Apparently, individual articles by the newsrooms are marketed at about $60/article. But I should probably be bringing the cost down, seeing as how I'm only starting out, and I also want to add it into my portfolio.

Should most probably be suggesting the sub-sections and coming up with a possible timeline by this weekend.

---

Any suggestions/advice from those who've taken journalism jobs?


Casey blogged at 12:18 AM