Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm so happy and jubilant I have a headache now. But it's a good and happy headache. =)

I went for the interview as a freelance photographer today.

The man is 58-years-old, and has taken pictures for the Straits Times (the local newspaper) for more than 30 years.

I'd brought my laptop along, and for lunch today, was busy selecting 20 pictures I took of things to place into a folder, for convenience's sake. Decided to leave my photoshopped works in its original folder and show them to him like that.

Met up with him (had to spend like...20 minutes looking for him), and when I finally found him at a food court, he was interviewing another guy.

So I bought a cup of tea, and booted up my laptop. I had already felt kinda nervous throughout the whole day, a bit tensed with the anticipation of comments on my works.

Showed him the 20 pictures I'd placed in the folders, discussed a bit about one particular picture's lighting/shutter speed/f-stop; showed him my photoshopped works. Then he requested that I show him any random folder of mine for all my other pictures.

His comment was this: "You have a good eye for composition. I think if you have a little bit of guidance, you'll be very good."

I was kinda stunned, yet very bouncy at that comment. Gonna have a trial run this Friday. =D

*boun boun boun!*

Yay! I have a professional's praise! =D


Casey blogged at 9:41 PM