Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Sunday, August 27, 2006

We took a long-awaited trip to Upper Pierce Reservoir this late afternoon. We'd talked about going there for ages, but things just got in the way. So I decided to make things not get in the way, for today at least.

It has been at least five to six years since I'd last been there. I knew vaguely which bus to take, but didn't know where to stop, so Az and I played it by ear, as we usually do.

Stopped at the correct stop.

The only problem was that we way underestimated the time and distance into the reservoir itself, from the main road. Walking in took about 50 minutes; the return journey was about 40 minutes. We were ill-prepared for the walk, actually: he was in a pair of sandals, and I was in slippers. Had we worn track shoes, the walk would have been much easier. But ah well. We're the kinds who adapt easily to situations like this.

Had brought a box of cereal for "linner" (lunch/dinner) and after we'd chosen a spot to spread our ground sheet, we decided upon a "ritual" we both came up with to dissuade many ants from bothering us: we used whatever food we had - in this case, the multi-colored cereal - as a peace-offering.

I threw the ball-cereal randomly, having fun. Some time later, we spotted large (half an inch long?) black ants investigating one of the red balls, and I took a few macro-shots of it. We saw a yellow- and an orange-cereal ball moving amongst the grass blades also, and I also took macro-shots of the ants. :P Can't help it: was hilarious.

Went for dinner sometime around 8pm, and then went to COURTS, checking out the furniture, discussing what we liked or didn't like; commented on the TV sets, the washing machines, and the fridges. A few of the salespeople there seemed mightly-amused by us, though.

Sat down at some random place and chatted about stuff which I shall not disclose. =)

Extremely-nice day, all-in-all.

I love our dates. =D They're fun, hilarious, and downright silly most of the times, but I love them anyways. =D


Casey blogged at 11:38 PM