Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Saturday, August 19, 2006

Okay, so I might be giving up my plan of a prank.

Went to try the iGallop today on the pretense of considering a purchase. So there are four modes: trot, gallop, (something), and circuit. Those four names are merely titles for four speeds, from the slowest (trot) to fastest (circuit).

I tried the slowest first. It felt a wee bit uncomfy because I'm used to the rhythm of a real pony. And the placement of the feet at the front or back rests were strange to me as well. But okay, I gave it a try, and hung my legs in their natural positions at the sides.

As I talked to the salesguy, my bro suddenly turned the setting to the highest, and I was jerked about like a literal rag doll.

Honestly? I wouldn't recommend the iGallop. I'll term it the "lazy man's steed," but I'm sure even the laziest steed will help a lot more than the iGallop.

1. By having to place the feet and legs in weird positions to "work out different parts of the body," it's not really a riding thing already. It's more of a "sitting-there-not-doing-anything-and-letting-the-machine-do-things" kinda thing.

2. The iGallop mimics the rhythms of a horse only so much (which is VERY litle). After that, it feels like random jerks and all, especially because one can't - and isn't supposed to, I think - move with the rhythm. And for me, who's only getting used to the hang of "real" riding, that false rhythm I can't meld with throws me off.

3. All the points above gave me a huge headache. Literally.

4. It costs SGD$998. I might as well use that almost-$1k to go up to the advanced level of my riding classes.

So, yeps. Depending on how suicidal I am on Wednesday, and how much I'm looking forward to another headache, I might/might not go ahead with that prank.


Casey blogged at 12:29 AM