Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, July 13, 2006

Without any offense meant to anyone who practices any form of alternative - "new age" - belief, I'm tired of reading fluff.

I know that in shamanism, I deal with a lot of the spiritual aspect of the world: spirits, demons, journeyings, spirit guides, totemic animals...stuff. But in the end, each and every decision made must be up to the person herself. Guides and totems might influence decisions made, but they can never make them for the person practicing the belief in the first place.

So I get really - extremely - annoyed when I keep reading about people who practice these faiths, and say that, "My guides told me that I Should Stay Here for now;" "the cards told me to - " "the pendulum said this is for the best for now;" "I should change my name because a deity said so and I think the deity won't lead me wrong."

Etc. etc. etc.

What utter bullshit!

1. MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS! Not make decisions based on what this-or-that says! How do YOU know they know what's the best for you? So you're going to rely on external devices to make every single important decision now, huh? Talk to your guides, talk to Ra, to Freya? Use the cards and dowsing stone? So, what? Next time, you're gonna ask the dowsing stone "yes?" or "no?" if you can go to the toilet and shit?

2. ALL GUIDES AND DEITIES HAVE THEIR OWN AGENDA FOR HELPING!!! I can't seem to knock this point into some people's heads. Spirits, whether of a lower or higher vibrational frequency than humans, Do-Not-Do-Things-Without-Wanting-Something-In-Return! They might "help" you for one time, for a few times, for a short period of time. And then they will want something back. Do not trust any guides you find so easily, not even if they FEEL right!

*growls* This is so fucking annoying. When can people stop relying on other things to make their decisions for them, instead of using their own heads?


Casey blogged at 7:24 AM