Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, July 06, 2006

Was supposed to have lesson at 9am today. It'd rained around 7.30am, and I was hoping they wouldn't impede the lesson. Rushed down (thankfully, the traffic jam at the expressway wasn't too bad) and reached on time. But because the rain started and stopped periodically and sporadically, the other two kids were late. And we all decided to wait till 10am.

Az joined us in the shop and waited till we started class. He took some pictures of the foal - Sunshine - and her mother, Peanut. I got Anna again today. *rolls eyes* But I was slightly more used to her today and was less nervous and slightly more composed, according to Az.

The arena was extremely muddy and full of dangerous potholes due to the rain, so I took Anna very carefully. Warmed her up by walking a bit, and then following Serena's instructions to practice the rising trot again. I had some problems this time due to Anna's larger size, and my short arms. So everytime I wanted to "open my rein," so to speak, I had a lot of problems.

For example, if I wanted Anna to go right, I'll open my right rein, and lengthen my left. But because I needed to maintain a contact with her bit still, I couldn't lengthen the left fast enough, nor shorten my reins fast enough again after steering her. The poor girl got so many mixed instructions from me because of that, and one-third of the time, I spent walking her in circles. I need a smaller pony I think.

Because of the rein problem, when doing the rising trot, I kept struggling with steering as well, and slipped quite a few times out of my stirrups, and had to stop her to place my feet in again. I almost fell off her a lot of times also today, but managed to right myself all those times.

Have gotten more of the hang of posting. But can't be complacent. Must practice more whenever I get the chance.

Serena let us try the sitting trot also. That was terrible for me. I lost both my stirrups almost immediately, and almost fell off Anna soon after. Suggestions on this?

What's really annoying about lessons nowadays is that my two other classmates are these two young girls: a Chinese, and an Indian-Malay (who's the daughter of the owner of the stables). The Indian-Malay girl, Maizurah, was okay. She was quite friendly and all, and listened to instructions.

But the Chinese girl, she was just terrible. After some time of posting, yes, we were all a bit tired and achy. But she just whined and kept complaining, saying that, "I need a break! I need to stop!" and slowing the gait of her pony, Jasmine, tremendously, so that she held the rest of us up a lot. Bah! Stupid spoilt brat!

Met the owner today. Think there'll be an event there on Sunday and she asked if I'd the time to be a handler on that day. Yeah, definitely! =)

Poor Anna. I hope I never maul the girl from inexperience again.

---

While waiting for class to start, my dad called me up, demanding where I was. Lied and said I was out with Azri, and he hung up abruptly.

After my lesson, while Az and I were walking down the road to the kennels, my mom called. She told me that my dad told her to tell me that he didn't want me to work there, period.

I got pissed off and ignored him, and went to give my particulars and all. I also asked about the job scopes, and requested a tour around the kennels. In the end, I decided not to take the job up, for now. It's physically demanding. And right now, I need to concern myself with healing my spine back to normal. It still aches quite a bit when I stand/sit/walk too long. So, had to give this one up. =(

Still waiting for word from KY's supervisor...

Went to visit my gramps also. *sighs* Things aren't going any better.


Casey blogged at 10:55 PM