Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another new instructor came today. Her name is Samantha, and she's a very sweet lady, especially with her answers and praises and especially with encouragements.

I got Charlie today, this piebald pony who's quite gentle. Though, because he and Chico are good friends, he kept wanting to follow Chico. But it was quite okay, on the whole.

So we warmed the ponies up by walking a few rounds around the arena, as usual. Then, Samantha asked if we were ready to trot, and this time, I did pretty well. I've come to realize that longer stirrups help with posting a lot, because I don't have to raise myself too high up, and lose my center of gravity that way. Posting was actually pretty smooth, and Sam. commented that I had excellent form and a good post. =)

Chico broke into short canters a few times, startling me for a bit. But I think cantering seems a lot smoother than trotting is. Maybe because the strides are longer and smoother.

The Chinese girl was being bratty again. Just because Jasmine broke into a short canter, she screamed and jerked harshly on the reins. Then, when Sam. asked who wanted to trot and who wanted to continue walking, the two kids opted to walk their ponies, leaving me more free to practice posting more, and smoothen some kinks out.

Apparently, the stables is going to hold an "event?" of sorts to give out the certificates to all who's completed the basic course. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to go on to the intermediate yet. I'm thinking of having a few extra lessons and/or self-rides to improve on myself.

When I see the instructors riding so smoothly, and learn that they've been riding since young, I get a bit envious. Maybe even jealous. But I think that I shouldn't judge myself too harshly, since I only had the chance and the cash to start learning at this age. I should just aim to learn, continuously, and not expect things like rushing levels and rushing techniques so fast.

Would be better to build up a strong foundation slowly, and just...enjoy riding and learning. =)


Casey blogged at 11:46 AM