Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Monday, July 03, 2006

Annie from the stables called me up in the middle of my sleep at 9am today to ask if I wanted a lesson at 2pm today. So, off I went in the middle of the afternoon for my eighth riding lesson.
I met one of the owners of the stables. She's an Indian, Mani? (hope the spelling of her name is correct) Her whole family owns the stables, apparently. Rich buggers. She promised to let me know if they had any events and needed handlers. So I guess that's that.

Got Peanut today, this chestnut pony who'd just given birth to the foal - Sunshine - three months or so ago. She wasn't in one of her moods today and was a gentle and sweet mare.

We got yet another instructor today - Malay or Indian guy, I think - because Joanne was still on sick leave. He made us warm up the ponies, and then did the riding trot/posting all the way.
Peanut's gait is very nice for the trot, and I found myself riding more easily once I found my rhythm, even though I lost it a few times. But her trot was smooth enough that I didn't have to force myself upwards, nor counter-balance myself against the forward motion too much.

Question: how is the trot of a horse and a pony different?

The trainer also made us ride around without stirrups, forcing us to balance ourselves deep in the saddle, and work our feet out: rotate the ankles, point the toes down, and point them up. He made us do all that while walking and trotting. Interesting experience.

So...ninth lesson on Thursday...almost done with the basic level...


Casey blogged at 4:15 PM