Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fourth riding lesson

Finally! A morning without rain!

Joanne didn't feel well today, so the girl who's training to be an instructor took over. Her name is Serene, I think.

My pony for today was this mare named Chico. We had to learn how to change directions using hand- and foot-work. So, for almost 90 minutes, all four of us were just following the rider in front in a series of turns and twist and all.

Chico was being stubborn. She was willing to do sporadic walking for the first ten minutes or so. Then she planted her hooves in the sand and refused to move, no matter how I - or even Serene - tried to coax her to. So, for about fifteen minutes, I was stuck on Chico, in the middle of the paddock, while the rest walked all around me.

It wasn't until one of the guys went off to tell Joanne about Chico's misbehavior that Joanne came with a crop and gave it to me, telling me to tap her a bit. I didn't really have to tap hard, and after the first few times, knowing I was holding a crop, Chico moved on (although a bit grudgingly, I think), following Charlie, who's her friend.

The only problem with me is that I sit pretty stiffly in the saddle. I think it's because of my unconscious positioning to place the least amount of pressure on my spine, because of my back problem. So I had to consciously keep my body relaxed, moving with the sway of Chico's walk.

Was a nice start. =)

Next lesson on Friday at 11am. W00t!

A question about changing directions: if I want to move the pony right, I'll have to open my right arm, I know. But do I squeeze the body with my right calf also? or my left calf? (and vice-versa) I keep getting them confused, because Joanne says one thing, and Serene says another.


Casey blogged at 1:43 PM