Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Friday, April 28, 2006

Because my sister was using the PC last night to rush out her project, I was left with nothing to do, and decided to weave the webbing on one of the hoops I've already prepared for making a dreamcatcher.

It was my second time making one, and the design came out better than I expected (which wasn't very good, but still considerably better than the first).

But that's not the point.Throughout the two hours (or more) I took to complete the webbing, struggling every few minutes with the thread, I seemed to see certain issues much more clearly. It was as if the act of creating the dreamcatcher itself gave life to it, which, in turn, taught me lessons I needed to know.

One which held the strongest force was that one must untangle the threads of one's own life - be it in the past, or for the future - before the weaving of one's life can continue. I struggled like crazy with the thread, because every few minutes, it would tangle up and bunch up into a huge ball, and I wouldn't be able to fit that through the small holes of each weave. For the better part of the first hour, I was frustrated, almost ripping the thread out of annoyance. But I forced myself to keep at it, to be patient, to unravel and untangle the thread each time it caught on itself.

By the second hour, I'd come up with a method of wrapping the thread around the fingers of each hand alternately, which solved the problem of the tangles.

The past will always lead to the present, and then to the future. There is no way to avoid that. What's past is definitely past, but there are many unresolved - and perhaps even forgotten - issues from the past which might return to haunt us in the future, when we least expect it. We might not be able to solve all of them, but maybe it'd help if we could make peace with them.

---

On another note, I was waiting for the bus after work, and indulged in my usual pasttime of watching the numerous sparrows near the busstop.

There was this particular sparrow today, which saw a piece of plastic being blown about by the wind, and was chasing it, going hop-hop-hoping, before finally losing interest in the plastic.

For some reason, that sight just made me grin with genuine joy and delight.

Hop.

:D

---

If anyone is interested in buying dreamcatchers as gifts or anything, please let me know. I should be selling the ones I make for between $10 to $15, which is like way cheaper than retail prices. Thanks >.<



Casey blogged at 2:12 PM