Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I think I was in a strange mood for Media Law today. Mr J. used another method (can't remember which philosopher it was by, but that guy was Russian) to teach today, which is the reverse of the Socrates method, in which he'd only answer, and we have to ask the questions.

Half the class didn't ask; half did. I was in the latter, which surprised even me. Like I said, I must've been in a strange mood. Heh.

But I digress (again).

So anyways, because there was a lag in the questions, he commented on how Singapore's education system was detrimental to a person's development as a whole-brained person. We only use very much of one side of the brain in memorizing and memorizing stuff, neglecting creativity and imagination all-too-frequently.

So he was kinda asking who read poems? who drew? doodled? read? wrote?

And I, in my strange mood, raised my hands to the reading poems, reading, and writing portions (so sue me).

It brings back a rush of poignant memories, how I started writing when I was twelve; how my works then were just pure...fluff and crap; how I couldn't write a real character for nuts. And, it wasn't until I signed up at FF.net and started talking, liaising, and collaborating with other writers that I managed to improve, even as my style turned darker, grittier, more depressing, more antsy.

It's been quite a while since I last wrote. That was...mm...a few days before internship ended, if memory serves me. And yes, I write during internship, when I had nothing else to do. I started stories, continued others where I left off; I wrote more poems, did more role-plays.

Merely...what? a month or so of not writing anything, being swamped by work and projects and what-nots, and I realized: I miss writing. I started losing inspiration for writing original stories after "Songbringer," an original fantasy story I took six months to complete, and focused on fanfictions for a while. And then, even my drive and inspirations died: smothered by life.

But today...after today, somehow, the drive returned. I feel like writing something again, anything. And this idea about the Erinyaes have been bugging me...if I can form a basic skeletal plot, it's back to writing I go!

And...yes. "Full Circle: Chapter Six" has to be written, too. And the Riddick fic. And the Orc fic. And the LotR fic.

O_O I need loads of time for these.


Casey blogged at 8:10 PM