Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I spent a few hours re-reading Micho Kaku's "Hyperspace" today. I'm only halfway through it and my mind's been filled with things like the Kaluza-Klein theory, the Yangs-Mill theory, the Reinmann metric tensor, the Grand Unified Theory, the superstring theory, the Mobius strip...stuff. Heavy-headed now.

I bought the book in 2000, when I was in secondary three. After reading it, I went around physics message boards posting questions about the superstring theory, only to receive answers that it was too hard to explain. Then I went to bug my physics teacher until he couldn't even answer my questions. So I went to pose my questions to my Romanian friend Alex, who presented me with a four-page e-mail on the paradox on the differences of the speed of time 'outside' and 'inside' of the Schwarzchild radius of a black hole. I miss him, and I hope his cosmological and astrophysics studies at the Romanian university is going well.

But one question keeps bothering me, about the state of our universe. If, according to the various theories postulated by the scientists, that our universe was once ten-dimensional and in very unstable conditions, and that the Big Bang was actually a result and by-product of the splitting of space-time itself, why should our four-dimensional universe (three spatial and one temporal) be the one expanding, while our sister six-dimensional universe curl up till it's the Planck size?

My questions:
#1: Why should the six-dimensional universe exist in OUR universe as well, occupying the same space, just that it's curled up too small to see. If the ten-dimensional one split, there's no reason why the two six- and four-states shouldn't exist as separate universes with space between them...or side-by-side but never together.

#2: If the six-dimensional universe has curled up to the Planck size, I think we can safely assume that to us, it's just a mere...dot, a particle. In comparison to the size of our four-dimensional universe, the ratio should be one is to...I have no idea of the odds of that, and I don't want to calculate, but you get the idea. In this case, how do we find that one dot amongst all the space the universe contains? That world might just be floating about on the fringes of the known galaxy or something.

Strange that Kaku didn't address these points. Or is it me being strange?


Casey blogged at 9:21 PM