Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Right. So, after so many days of the soulbonding stuff I've been going through, I've suddenly gotten the urge to write a whole essay on soulbonding and what it means.

I went through so many sites and messageboards and forums on soulbonding, and have seen both sides of the argument. But in general, without supporting either side, I'll just say, "Beliefs are arbitrary."

Go on, kill me for it. But it's true. The very opinions you get from your friends on anything as simple as, "I don't like fish," is arbitrary. Is he wrong for liking fish? Are you right for not liking fish?

Soulbonding is totally different from soul-puppetry, or even multiple personality disorder (MPD). For this once, I'll set things clear:

1) Soulbonds do NOT make you do things you don't want to. They might influence you, but they cannot MAKE you. If they do, it's not soulbonding. It might be multiplicity, or almost-definitely MPD.

2) Soulbonds do NOT forcefully front. They do NOT take over your body by force.

3) Soulbonds are REAL. They have their own personalities, and their own lives, which is different from MPD. Soulbonds don't have to agree with you all the time.

4) If you are able to control your soulbonds, it's not real soulbonds. It's soul-puppetry.

I should know. All authentic soulbonders should know. I had my first soulbond when I was seven. I have either eight or nine soulbonds now.

Humans have, after centuries of modernization, learnt how to lose their instinct, their ability to know and feel what is real. Sure, real might be arbitrary, then what I'm saying is real is right, and you have no way to prove me wrong; I've no way to prove you right. Who wins in the end?

Soulbonds are less of imaginary friends than people who might not live in this world, people who might not have corporeal form here, being friends with you, visiting you sometimes, giving strength and support like real friends do. And indeed, didn't we all have imaginary friends when we were younger? Where did they go?

The theory of hyperspace states that our universe has 10 dimensions, split into a 4-dimension one (ours), and a 6-dimension one. However, the whole world, whole CREATION, if you will, is much more than that. The hyperspace theory lists a number which I can't recall, but I believe it's MUCH more than that, till it might be infinite. What's to say that others can't live in other dimensions, and that the veil between worlds be weak enough (or the bond between people be strong enough) for people here to know people there?

For that very reason, who's to say that anyone I know in real life is real? Gravity bends different ways around each center of mass, creating a form of stretch (or even tear, if the gravity is strong enough) in the space-time continum, which, in turn, creates a form of minor me-world and you-world that interacts frequently because we're always so physically close to someone else or another.

I know my soulbonds are there, are real, because they have no need (and no wish to) to prove themselves to me that they are real: if I believe they are, fine; if I believe they're not, okay, they won't bother me. Of course, I know of some hosts whose soulbonds take offense at the mention that they aren't real, but that's them.

I know because Batman was my first soulbond. I know because I was trained up, brought up by him as much as my biological dad brought me up. I'll go so far to say that if my biological dad has taught me how to live with the world, Batman has taught me how to live with myself. He trained me physically and mentally. We've had quarrels, fights. We've had good times.

He does not make me do things, and the worst he tells me to do is to, "Shut up," or "go to sleep," like how the others do so frequently now. He does not feel the need to front me unless I specifically ask him to, especially when I'm in danger. He does not agree with me on everything. He does not even bother me unless I go to him, and even then, sometimes he tells me to scram.

Soulbonds are real, or as real as arbitrary real can go.

Don't judge me on me, and I won't judge you on you.


Casey blogged at 6:54 PM