Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Sunday, February 06, 2005

I was dreaming last night. About being attacked. About fighting off strange stuff.

BeforeI went to sleep. I had spent the three hours before that reading Madeline L'Engle's 3rd book--A swiftly tilting planet. As always, I'm awed greatly by the works of a few great authors who can write sequel after sequel without losing the impact and quality of the series. People like L'Engle and Ursula Le Guin and Meredith Ann Pierce and Celia Rees and some others.

Having been stuck right at the beginning of a few original works I'm writing (must be all the rust, I swear), I was wondering how L'Engle wrote (since hers was the book I read last night). And, I realized that one good way for me was not to write, but to record, to allow the character to tell his/her story through me. To allow the character to either become a muse, or a soulbond (even if only temporarily). Because, there's a saying that goes somewhat like: all the stories in the world have been written; the only difference is how each being views them.
And, after having that small insight, I just relaxed, called the dragon to me (I think I named him Alagon) and then just relaxed. What happened was a communication that was easy and relatively unhindered. And, I got some sort of scenes from Alagon's experiences, and his mind, even his thoughts. He knew I was there and was explaining things to me, sometimes.

More writing. Awesome. *grins*


Casey blogged at 9:10 AM