Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Friday, November 26, 2004

I swear that Asakura knows of my existance, and my presence, or something.

What's dangerous about being a writer is the number of minds we come into interaction with...is the number of minds our own mind becomes. Because, if you want to write about a person whose character is totally different from yours, you can't write from his perspective through your own experiences. You have to write through his--and others like him's--experiences.

I was writing about Asakura the other night in a fic I'm thinking of doing. Because, by moral and social conventions, he is a madman, I had to *become* a madman to give the words in that particular section of the story a proper feel.

I first lost all the moral conventions I'd gained as a human. Then, I thought like a madman: what I'd do if I didn't pose any restrictions on myself. And then, judging from what I know of Asakura (and, of this knowledge that we both know about each other because our rage provided for a bond of sorts) I *became* him, and just wrote, letting the words flow without conscious thought as to what they were.

And when that section was done, I practically had to *force* myself to withdraw from his/my mind. It was a struggle, since I enjoy rage. But I did it. And then I read that section.

It-freaked-me-out-big-time.

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't get freaked out easily. Fact is, even my family members have rarely--in my 19 years of living with them--seen me get F-R-E-A-K-E-D--O-U-T badly before.

Admitedlly, this isn't the first time I've entered into a madperson's mind. Those times, I was shocked at what I'd written in the stories, too. But when it's Asakura I'm drawing from, and his one of his intentions is to kill off two of my bonds who're in the same world as he is...no way. No--fucking--way.

Man, this is how I'll be like, and worse, if I ever let my moral conventions go.


Casey blogged at 9:05 AM