Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, October 14, 2004

(At white house?)

Batman: The delegates from Cassidy are just arriving. Any sign of trouble?
Wonder Woman: Nothing here.
Flash: Zilch. Not even a sleazy politician. Are you sure we need to be here?
Batman: According to my sources, terrorists have targeted this international peace summit.
Flash: We would have to do with eternal playoffs.
J'onn: What if these terrorists are already inside?
Batman: I've got that covered.


(Inside conference room; sound of politicians arguing)
Clark Kent: Look, Lois, I know you'd give your eye and teeth for this assignment, but someone had to cover that sensation strike. (Lois's heated voice) Don't blame me! Talk to Perry!


(Outside)
Green Lantern: Hey there.
Hawkgirl: Hey yourself. Aren't you supposed to be patrolling the north end?
GL: I thought I saw trouble over here.
Hawkgirl: There's no trouble.
GL: (flies beneath Hawkgirl) Sure there is. And I'm looking right at it. (kisses her)
Hawkgirl: You're bad.
GL: You should know.
Hawkgirl: And you should get back to work. But after you're done, let's get some take-out from that Chinese place near your apartment.
GL: Great. But this time, no emu ass.
Hawkgirl: Lightweight.


(Inside military operation center)
Woman: General Wells, we're picking up an unidentified bogey headed toward Washington. I've tried contacting it but there's no response.
(a beep on a radar map traveling at great speed)
General Wells: Scramble interceptors. I want visual confirmation.


(In fighter jet)
Pilot: Roger that. Weird. Radar says it's there but I can't see it.


(Military operation center)
Wells (to woman operator): Still no response?
Woman: No, sir. And it's entering DC airspace.
Wells: Take it down.


(Fighter jets firing on object)
Pilot: Direct hit. (craft appears; it's huge) Holy--
(craft fires at fighter jets)


(Outside building, Batman sees flashes of light in the sky)
Batman: GL, report.


(GL, Hawkgirl, Diana flying towards craft)
GL: Not exactly your garden variety terrorist.
Hawkgirl: It's a Gordanian Class 7 cruiser.
GL: A what?
Hawkgirl: Watch out for the plasma canons!
(GL and Diana get hit; Flash creates a wind-cushion to stop their fall)


Hawkgirl: I'll draw their fire.
Superman: We'll take out the rear stabilizers.
Hawkgirl: Wait! Don't!
(Superman and J'onn are electrocuted, falling to the ground; Hawkgirl grabs them both)
J'onn: Any other suggestions?


(Gordanian craft is suddenly attacked and crash-lands)
Flash: Whoa!


(JLA turns to see a whole armada hovering in the sky)
Superman: Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Hawkgirl: No, wait.


(A Thanagarian craft lands and the JLA goes to wait at the landing ramp)
Flash to Hawkgirl: You know these guys?
Hawkgirl: Yes. Welcome to earth, Commander.
Hro Talak: Thank you, Lieutenant.
GL: Care to tell us exactly what is going on here?
Hawkgirl: This is Commander Hro Talak of Thanagar.
Hro Talak: Save the introductions for later. I must meet with your war leaders. The fate of this planet may hang in the balance.


(In world conference)
Hro Talak: Friends, we are here on a mission of great urgency. Five years ago, we secretly sent an advance agent to earth to learn more about your people, and to study your defenses. That agent was Lieutenant Shayera Hol, better known to you as Hawkgirl.

(Where JLA stood)
Flash: You mean she's a spy? Cool.
GL: She was spying on us.
Flash: Oh yeah. Huh.

Hro Talak: Unfortunately, she discovered that earth's defenses are sorely lacking. With your limited technology, you're totally unprepared for what is about to come. (shows a holographic image)
The greatest evil in the universe. Our mortal enemies: the Gordanians. For generations, we of Thanagar have been locked in a bloody war with the monsters. Across the cosmos, they have committed unspeakable atrocities, decimating world upon world.
And now, they are coming here.
This would be the fate of earth, unless you accept our help.

(World leaders muttering)

Hro Talak: I know you'll need to discuss this amongst yourselves. But be quick about it. We are your only hope of salvation.


(GL and Hawkgirl alone)
GL: For all this time, why didn't you tell me?
Hawkgirl: John, there were so many times I wanted to.
GL: But?
Hawkgirl: This was a military mission. I'd sworn an oat of secrecy and I couldn't tell anyone. Sorry, but not even you. You're a soldier, I think you'd understand.
GL: So, what else aren't you telling me?
Hawkgirl: Well...actually...
Hro Talak (walking towards them): Shayera. There you are.
Hawkgirl: Hro.
Hro Talak: Darling. At last. (kisses Hawkgirl) Sorry. Hro Talak. (turns to GL)
GL: John Stewart.
Hro Talak: The Green Lantern. Shayera has told me so much about you.
GL: Has she? And you two are...?
Hawkgirl: Hro and I are promised to each other. It's like being engaged.
GL: Congratulations. I'm sure you two must have a lot of catching up to do. (walks away)
Hro: I thought he'd be taller.

##########

Ha. First 10 minutes of JLA: Starcrossed. Mindless eh? But I enjoyed going through their conversations.

I just realized and learnt how to appreciate the simple gestures done for my grandparents. I bought them a simple a thing as satay, and I could actually see the pleasure on their faces. Makes me want to hug them tightly.


Casey blogged at 8:19 PM