Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Friday, July 30, 2004

Went to watch I, Robot with Sharon this afternoon. Pretty short film (just under 2 hours) but terribly good. I love the idea of robots having not just silicon chips and programming, but that their random programming codes may bunch together to create stuff formerly not put into them--like grouping together as if they needed company...like a soul.

The film reminded me of this Batman: TAS episode I watched--A Silicon Soul; as well as the cartoon series: The Zeta Project.

Both dealt with robots finding someone akin to what humans will call a soul--they have feelings, have a conscience...have emotions and habits and quirks that any human beings will have.
And I think: why not? I mean, scientists currently say that the only two elements that can form any sort of life-forms are carbon-based (which is everything and anything that has a life in this world, or at least, this earth) or silicon-based. However, silicon-based life-forms will be bulky and clumsy because of the way the silicon atoms build on one another. But that's besides the point.

So, if silicon is used to make chips that hold programs to robots or whatever else (computers included), doesn't it stand to reason that there's a chance that things we think can't hold a soul, can?

But even if silicon isn't used to make programs, and isn't the only other potentially life-forming element, there's always the possibility that anything can gain sentience. There's nothing to say for it, and nothing against it. So I'll leave the possibility open.

##########

Took my mobile for repairs and software upgrades. The damned guy told me that all my stuff (ringtones and wallpapers and GPRS connection) will be wiped out. :( Came home with a low mood cuz of that. Heh. I'm getting too dependent on my mobile. Eugh.

Anyways, went to rent The Sixth Sense and X-Men: 2 VCDs. Came home, watched the first flick, and damned am I totally in love with Haley Joel Osment. :P He's such a cute kid...mature, yet having a cute little voice. Lol. I'm totally swooning. :P Can't believe my dad actually closed his eyes at some parts, not daring to see the ghosts. :P Made me laugh like hell.

##########

Bored. Don't feel like doing work. Will take a time-out for today.


Casey blogged at 9:23 PM