Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Thursday, June 03, 2004

"Hi Casey,

I most certainly do remember the review I submitted. You are by far, one of the best fan fiction writers I have encountered."

Wow. I e-mailed Colaine last night with thanks, and she replied this morning. This comment of hers really made my day again, even though I think my works suck big time. But Gerard keeps telling me that we're our own worst critics, so maybe I should cut myself some slack.

Then, I remember Wayfarer's words about one of my fics--Garden of Lorien: In Dreams--and I refuse to cut myself slack. I mean...I got a harsh review for that, and Way (who's a friggin' awesome writer) agreed with that particular reviewer, even though many others supported me against that.

So...yeah. I guess I ain't gonna cut myself slack after all. It's the only way I won't get complacent and deprove on my writings.

Hm...it seems that I'm withdrawing from the Lord of the Rings fandom more and more. Oh, I still love LotR, but the fandom on ff.net...maybe it's getting much too fangirlish for my taste. I'm thinking of finding refuge in the Silmarillion fandom, but the writers there are usually so good I'm afraid of posting my stuff there. :s But maybe I'll try it, since I AM more or less known for writing pretty good Silm. stuff...at least that's what I was told. Heh.

I think I've love for a few fandoms that I keep switching. That is, I let one be the dominant one at periods, taking turns, because, at different parts of my life, I need different values, different beliefs. And interchanging them keeps me going. I love all of them. Definitely. But I change their priorities.

So...yeah. I'm focusing on the Pitch Black fandom now. I just bought PB and Chronicles at Kino. for $30. Planning to buy the PB director's cut, and the unrated version from amazon.com. Will cost me around $100, I think. But it's all worth it.

#####

Lol. Vishal fell asleep at around 11pm last night, when I last SMSed him. So, I started writing a new story while waiting. Wrote till 1am. Woke up this morning. Saw that he SMSed me at 1.37am. :P Was asleep already. Lol.

He called me at around 9+ this morning. Lol. Poor guy hadn't been getting much sleep cuz of his night duty, and...erhem erhem. Lol. I just went: lalalala at that. :P

So, told him to scram and crash. Lol. He needs the sleep.


Casey blogged at 9:56 AM