Blog Description

Gilael Shadowsong

About Me

Wolf, eagle, possible dragon Of darkness, of shadows, of juxtaposition of peace and chaos

Wish List

= Nokia 6280 or Nokia 6233 by December*
= A new pair of rimless glasses
= 2 to 3 more pairs of jeans*
= Lucifer arc
= Sandman volumes 7-10
= Sarah Brightman or Loreena McKennitt's CDs

Places to go

My Wishlist
My fanfictions
Otherkin.net
My sketches and wallpapers
My Witches' Voice profile
Strange Maps
Squid

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007

Tagboard


Credits

Skin by: sixseven
Powered by: blogger


Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Okay. Today is a good day, as far as days go.

Grace and YP were s'posed to meet me at Hougang Mall at 11am. I was there early 'cause I went to the post office to send something off to Gwenda. But the queue was short, so by 10.30, I was already done. Hung around the $1 shop, the $1.99 shop, walked past the arcade, then waited outside the library. Still hadn't called. So, when the library opened, I went to browse through the books. Then Grace called me to tell me that it was storming and they were stuck at the bus terminal and the bus stop. So...yeah. Browsed some more while waiting for them. Lol.

I went through this book on animal spiritual guides, and focused on the sections of the wolf, eagle/falcon/hawk, and the werewolf (Man-Wolf). I read about something called the Thunderbird, which intrigued me a whole lot. It'll take more researching and all to fully understand about Otherkin and animal guides further.

So, finally, at 11.25, they came. Lol. We went through more books, and borrowed a few. Then, we went to the arcade 'cause Grace suggested it, and I used up $4. Did rather well for Time Crisis II and House of the Dead III. Had an "A" again for the latter. *grins* Hendra, you are so dead, dude. I'm handling a rifle better than he is now, though he's still better with a pistol. Lol. Maybe I like heavier stuff, like a bow. :D

Then, went up to the food court, walked around, decided not to eat, and went to buy bread from Four Leaves. Lol. Then, walked to NTUC and Edo Shushi where YP bought some stuff. I decided to refrain from spending too much more 'cause I'm bankrupt now.

Took a bus back to my home since it was still storming. Watched Stuart Little and The Truman Show. And, I'm really struck by something this person--Christof--in The Truman Show, said: "We accept the perception of the world in which we are placed in," or something like that. Which means: we don't question the place in which we are in. Whoever has watched Jim Carrey in Truman will know what I'm talking about.

Makes me wonder: is this reality we're living in even real? It may be filled with pain (which usually proves it ain't a dream), but...can't pain be an illusion too? If we have nothing to judge our world against, how can we say this isn't an illusion? Still, even with another world to judge against, or many other realities to compare with...who can say which is more real than the other? Who sets the standards, anyway? And what makes one standard more acceptable than another?

Nothing.

Then what's the point of living, if living is an illusion? Then again, what's the point of dying, if it's also just another illusion? In "The Book of Counted Sorrows," author Dean Koontz wrote a poem, a sentence of which says, "...no reason to sleep or ever to wake..." If everything is an illusion, what's the point of doing, or not doing? Aren't we like energy, then? We can't be created or destroyed, can't do anything, and yet, can't not do anything. We simply exist in different states. We simply exist to exist.

Ugh. I'm confusing myself too, and have digressed.

So, after watching the shows, YP and Grace made me play the piano for them. Heh. And then I taught them a bit of playing skills. And Grace went through the driving Basic Theory handbook with me. :s Lucky for me it's only MCQ questions. My exam is on the 16th. Scary...

So, yup. We plan to go to Sentosa next week. Then go to Grace's house to hang out, and then to watch Van Helsing after that. *grins* Seems like I'm having a rather productive vacation with my friends, which is a totally awesome thing, because friendship is absolutely important to me. I suggested to YP that we get together like this even after we've started work...maybe twice a month, on weekends. It'd be totally awesome.


Casey blogged at 8:36 PM